Editor - Roost Books Imprint
Roost Books (an imprint of Shambhala Publications) seeks an energetic, experienced acquisitions editor with strong knowledge, interest, and hands-on experience in the genres of cooking, crafting, parenting, gardening, and other lifestyle areas.
- Acquisition and development of original manuscripts (including all editorial aspects of book development – editing; writing jacket and catalog/website copy and fact sheets for sales reps and other marketing copy as required; coordination and collaboration with production, design, marketing and publicity, etc.).
- Identification of trends in subject areas to channel into new projects.
- Cultivation of relationships with agents.
- Excellent communication, project management, and networking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Act as primary point of contact for authors throughout the book process.
- Help the Editorial Committee identify, evaluate, and cultivate new authors and projects.
- Widespread knowledge of book publishing processes and functions (editorial, production, design, copyediting, marketing, sales).
- Excellent intra- and inter-departmental communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent computer skills especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experience with InDesign, InCopy, and Microsoft Word style sheets preferred.
- Excellent editorial, rewriting, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, flexible, and able to prioritize varied workload.
- Current contacts including authors, illustrators, agents, etc. in the book publishing industry.
- High level of skill in organization, analytics, and verbal and written communication.
- Minimum of three years experience in publishing.
Send cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is in our Boulder, CO office.