Jot down outdoor observations and more in this pocket-sized journal. Pages can alternate between blank and ruled so that there is plenty of room for both notes and sketches.
Keep track of your favorite baseball team all season long. With baseball card covers, you can pay homage to your favorite players too.
* This list of 22 Unbelievable Places will inspire wanderlust
* A Japanese funeral home celebrates the cycle of life with these stunning images using pressed flowers.
* Dwight Garner’s ode to the “splendid little book club”, the long-past ritual of bedtime reading to his now-teenage children.
* Next time we’re in Paris—a pretty picnic delivery. Mais oui!
* Perhaps it’s time to add more plants to our bookshelves. . .
* These instructions for the perfect roast chicken are, well, just perfect.
* We’re loving the look of these moveable magnetic plywood tiles. Art project meets home design meets endless possibilities.
* This calendar feels like one-part craft, one-part linguistic parlor game, and I love it.
* The newly launched Digital Public Library of America looks like an amazing new resource.
* This beautifully graphic print also shares ten good ideas for daily living.
April is National Poetry Month. To celebrate, we’re giving away a copy of Leap Write In! Adventures in Creative Writing to Stretch and Surprise Your One-of-a-Kind Mind.
To enter, leave us comment of your own creation. We’d love a poem, riddle, rhyme, or anything that comes to mind!
If we’ve gotten your creative juices flowing and you want to keep going, download a free exercise from the book here.
* Husband and wife team, Andy and Jenny from Dinner: A Love Story, have created 100 Rules of Dinner, 50 for each of them. While I don’t agree with all 100, these are great and funny rules to live/cook by and I’ll be passing it along to all the cooks in my life.
* If only there were 30 hours in a day, I would be at this luncheon tomorrow in Boston with Yvette van Boven!
To celebrate the release of The Artful Parent: Simple Ways to Fill Your Family’s Life with Art & Creativity, we’re hosting a Pinterest contest with author and blogger Jean Van’t Hul. Read the instructions in the image below and pin it to win it!
Contest ends Friday, April 18. Good luck!
The winner of the Artful Parent Arts and Crafts Pinterest contest has been chosen! We worked together with Jean to pick our favorite of the kids’ arts and crafts boards. Narrowing it down wasn’t easy! In the end we chose Jacqueline Smith’s board which is full of fun projects and creative ideas for kids.